Wednesday, August 20, 2008

online acquaintance.....

When night falls everything seems to have come to a stand still. No more bustling sound of the buses or the irritating top geared bikes….everything so silent and peaceful. The only thing which seems to be dominating the world at this hour is the street light, standing all alone in the spooky night, but sometimes they seem to have companions too…the howling and hooting stray dogs who find shelter under these lamps…

On one such night when the world around me was all asleep and the only sound audible was the tip- tip from the leaky tap I decided to quit my sleep!(but it was not the tip tip…which awoke me…actually I wasn’t feeling sleepy at all….I wanted to chit chat).But no one was available, my favourite chat friend i.e. my sis was fast asleep and her face brought in memories of ‘kumbhakarna’(one of my fav epic heroes…lol;)).So I decided not to disturb her……Then somehow I thought of the internet …what made me think so I don’t know…but soon I was on the net!

Life on the net is entirely different, in the middle of the night you see chat rooms over flooded and people in various communities on some social networks fighting and teasing with each other …..Life seems to be so much fun here! I sometimes feel life in net is synonymous to a fun filled ambience….

And as expected I was really happy to see all this ….so many like minded people all in one place. To me it was more of a coming together of the nocturnals…!lol….I finally decided to get into a chat room! I know many of you are shocked at my decision..coz everyone knows life in chat rooms are never easy…especially at odd hours like in my case…lol…;)…But then I guess am too good at handling such people…they never dare to bother me too much…cowards…!,hiding in the light of anonymity….And yes ,that day I did meet some pieces ,but I handled them well and they were off….;)
I was too bored fighting with those mud heads…..I even thought of leaving the place…and joining my sis in the dream world…but somehow I decided to cling for some more time…as if something good awaited me….

And as expected, someone really interesting came in…Our conversation started off in a very unusual manner (wondering…what it was all about?)
Well, we were reviewing a much hyped up movie…it was not all, I hadn’t seen the movie…so someone at the far end was narrating it to me…scene by scene…(I can imagine the weird expression on your face…and that’s exactly the same I get when I recollect about it now!).But I guess what made me to hold on till the end of narration was my keen interest to watch the same…! But contrarily to all of your expectations…I decided not to watch the stupid movie…! Yes that’s exactly what I felt after hearing to the filmy anecdote…But was really thankful coz I had been saved from a disastrous movie….(want to know which was the so called flick…?well, it was a much awaited kamal hasan movie…the hyped and more hyped film!)
May be because our conversation began in a very unusual style… it did go on taking unexpected turns….which made it all the more interesting…We spoke for about an hour and so…but seemed to have had talked for much long…And by that time I was ready to sleep…We bid adieu and left…without any promise to meet again…
But, then we did meet again…when, I don’t know…but it was fun…for sure..!We have truly become friends. Apart from the silly fights and teasing, we do talk on serious matters…(not on global warming or musharaf’s impeachment…but then some relevant stuffs…!).Never ever had I thought that people can be friends on the cyber world…..But I guess I was wrong coz I had managed to find a very sweet friend…. And ,so would be the case with many of u…(I can see a couple of nods…lol….).May be its because friendship needs no medium…it blossoms in meadow and desert alike…!...Neither does it need a proper time …..It may bloom in noiseless night or noisy daylight…!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm.......i m the central character of this story.....its simply terrific way of expressing ur experience...i simply admire ur language and style of writing....grt effort RASH.Thank u........

Anonymous said...

"May be its because friendship needs no medium…it blossoms in meadow and desert alike…!...Neither does it need a proper time …..It may bloom in noiseless night or noisy daylight…!"

beautiful lines...and this post remembers me of how I met your sis in a big junked up community where I was busy handling more than one person and where I started an argument with your sis on a silly topic and gosh ..ur sis was like..omg!!! :) she was blasting around ..

Rash!!! seems you are bettering up day by day with more description and bit more stylish writing..gal ..good work!!!...:)

nocturnal life style is kwel..but some people find it as mad...like in my case people find me mad because i sit late everyday :D...good work!!!

Destiny's child... said...

mb88hello sissy.....
good job..u have swept me off my feet...lol..literally..the best till now! no doubt...
n yes kumbkarna...u said...naah...hmm...
wait till i write abt u ms. shoorpanakha...:D
anyways...cool work girl! hats off to u!!!

remu said...

very interesting,sweet and simple.
n i like d way u described ur sis:)